Acetaminophen / Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine / Diphenhydramine
Name: Acetaminophen / Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine / Diphenhydramine
- Acetaminophen / Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine / Diphenhydramine drug
- Acetaminophen / Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine / Diphenhydramine drugs like
- Acetaminophen / Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine / Diphenhydramine missed dose
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Acetaminophen/Dextromethorphan/Guaifenesin/Phenylephrine/Diphenhydramine?
- If you have an allergy to acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine/diphenhydramine or any part of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have taken certain drugs used for low mood (depression) like isocarboxazid, phenelzine, or tranylcypromine or drugs used for Parkinson's disease like selegiline or rasagiline in the last 14 days. Taking acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine/diphenhydramine within 14 days of those drugs can cause very bad high blood pressure.
- If you have a cough with a lot of mucous.
- If you have a long-term cough caused by smoking or being around smoke, or lung problems like asthma or emphysema.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine/diphenhydramine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Acetaminophen/Dextromethorphan/Guaifenesin/Phenylephrine/Diphenhydramine) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Drink lots of noncaffeine liquids unless told to drink less liquid by your doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine/diphenhydramine on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Acetaminophen/Dextromethorphan/Guaifenesin/Phenylephrine/Diphenhydramine?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.