Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets
Name: Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets tablet
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets used to treat
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets is used to treat
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets drug
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets uses
- Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets adverse effects
Uses of Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets
- It is used to treat acetaminophen overdose.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (acetylcysteine effervescent tablets). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you are on a low-salt or salt-free diet, talk with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How do I store and/or throw out Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets?
- Store in the original container at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (acetylcysteine effervescent tablets), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine (acetylcysteine effervescent tablets). It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine (acetylcysteine effervescent tablets).
Review Date: October 4, 2017