Acne-Aid Gel Topical
Name: Acne-Aid Gel Topical
- Acne-Aid Gel Topical brand name
- Acne-Aid Gel Topical dosage
- Acne-Aid Gel Topical dosage forms
- Acne-Aid Gel Topical side effects
- Acne-Aid Gel Topical effects of
Commonly used brand name(s)
- Acne-Aid Gel
- Acnomel Skin Tone
- Acnomel Vanishing
- Night Cast S
Available Dosage Forms:
Therapeutic Class: Antiacne
Precautions While Using Acne-Aid Gel
When using resorcinol and sulfur combination, do not use any of the following preparations on the same affected area as this medicine, unless otherwise directed by your doctor:
- Abrasive soaps or cleansers
- Alcohol-containing preparations
- Any other topical acne preparation or preparation containing a peeling agent (for example, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or tretinoin [vitamin A acid])
- Cosmetics or soaps that dry the skin
- Medicated cosmetics
- Other topical medicine for the skin
To use any of the above preparations on the same affected area as this medicine may cause severe irritation of the skin.
Do not use any topical mercury-containing preparation, such as ammoniated mercury ointment, on the same affected area as this medicine . To do so may cause a foul odor, may be irritating to the skin, and may stain the skin black. If you have any questions about this, check with your health care professional.
This medicine (depending on the product you are using) may darken light-colored hair. If you have any questions about this, check with your health care professional.
For the Consumer
Applies to resorcinol / sulfur topical: topical cream, topical liquid, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical paste
Along with its needed effects, resorcinol / sulfur topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking resorcinol / sulfur topical:Less common or rare
- Skin irritation not present before use of this medicine
- Diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, or vomiting
- headache (severe or continuing)
- nervousness or restlessness
- slow heartbeat, shortness of breath, or troubled breathing
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some side effects of resorcinol / sulfur topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:More common
- Redness and peeling of skin (may occur after a few days)
- Unusual dryness of skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to resorcinol / sulfur topical: topical cream, topical lotion
Dermatologic side effects have included irritation and dryness.[Ref]
Some side effects of resorcinol / sulfur topical may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
Resorcinol / sulfur topical Breastfeeding Warnings
There are no data on the excretion of resorcinol-sulfur topical into human milk.