Afrin NoDrip Original
Name: Afrin NoDrip Original
- Afrin NoDrip Original used to treat
- Afrin NoDrip Original is used to treat
- Afrin NoDrip Original side effects
- Afrin NoDrip Original drug
- Afrin NoDrip Original uses
- Afrin NoDrip Original adverse effects
- Afrin NoDrip Original side effects of afrin nodrip original
- Afrin NoDrip Original effects of afrin nodrip original
Uses of Afrin NoDrip Original
- It is used to treat nose stuffiness.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Afrin NoDrip Original?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Afrin NoDrip Original. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use for more than 3 days. Using this medicine too often or for longer than you have been told may cause nose stuffiness to happen again or get worse.
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), you will need to watch your blood sugar closely.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed or if too much is used. The chance is higher in children. If Afrin NoDrip Original is swallowed or too much is used, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Talk with the doctor before you give this medicine to a child younger than 6 years old.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Afrin NoDrip Original while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Chest pain or pressure, a fast heartbeat, or passing out.
- Very bad headache.
- Very bad nose irritation.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Afrin NoDrip Original (oxymetazoline (nasal)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Afrin NoDrip Original. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Afrin NoDrip Original.
Review Date: October 4, 2017
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to oxymetazoline nasal: nasal solution, nasal spray
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Tachycardia, palpitations, increased blood pressure[Ref]
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Nausea[Ref]
The most commonly reported side effects were discomfort or irritation in the nose, mouth or throat, and sneezing.[Ref]
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Insomnia, nervousness, tremor, anxiety, restlessness, irritability, headache[Ref]
Rare (less than 0.1%): Eye irritation, dryness, discomfort/redness[Ref]
Rare (less than 0.1%): Discomfort or irritation in the nose, mouth or throat, sneezing
Frequency not reported: Rhinitis medicamentosa (after prolonged or heavy use)[Ref]
Some side effects of Afrin NoDrip Original may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.