Alamag (Aluminum Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide Suspension)
Name: Alamag (Aluminum Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide Suspension)
- Alamag Aluminum Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide Suspension used to treat
- Alamag Aluminum Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide Suspension is used to treat
- Alamag Aluminum Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide Suspension drug
- Alamag Aluminum Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide Suspension drugs like
- Alamag Aluminum Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide Suspension missed dose
Uses of Alamag
- It is used to treat heartburn and upset stomach.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Alamag?
- If you have an allergy to aluminum, magnesium, or any other part of Alamag (aluminum hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide suspension).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have kidney problems.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Alamag with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Alamag) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take Alamag after meals and at bedtime or as you have been told by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with this medicine. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure Alamag.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take this medicine on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Alamag (aluminum hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide suspension) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Alamag?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.