Alinia (Nitazoxanide Suspension)
Name: Alinia (Nitazoxanide Suspension)
- Alinia Nitazoxanide Suspension used to treat
- Alinia Nitazoxanide Suspension is used to treat
- Alinia Nitazoxanide Suspension missed dose
- Alinia Nitazoxanide Suspension side effects
- Alinia Nitazoxanide Suspension effects of
- Alinia Nitazoxanide Suspension drug
Uses of Alinia
- It is used to treat diarrhea caused by certain parasite infections.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Alinia?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Alinia. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you are taking warfarin, talk with your doctor. You may need to have your blood work checked more closely while you are taking it with this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Alinia while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Alinia) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with food.
- Shake well before use.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with Alinia. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure this medicine.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Keep taking Alinia as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some other side effects of Alinia?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Stomach pain.
- Upset stomach.
- Change in color of urine.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
How do I store and/or throw out Alinia?
- Store at room temperature.
- Throw away any part not used after 7 days.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.