Amoxicillin / Clavulanate Suspension
Name: Amoxicillin / Clavulanate Suspension
- Amoxicillin / Clavulanate Suspension used to treat
- Amoxicillin / Clavulanate Suspension is used to treat
- Amoxicillin / Clavulanate Suspension drug
- Amoxicillin / Clavulanate Suspension drugs like
- Amoxicillin / Clavulanate Suspension side effects
Uses of Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Suspension
- It is used to treat bacterial infections.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Suspension?
- If you have an allergy to amoxicillin, any penicillin, or any other part of amoxicillin/clavulanate suspension.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If this medicine caused liver problems before.
- If you have mono.
- If you are taking probenecid.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with amoxicillin/clavulanate suspension.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Suspension?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take amoxicillin/clavulanate suspension. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Very bad and sometimes deadly allergic side effects have rarely happened. Talk with your doctor.
- Have your blood work checked if you are on this medicine for a long time. Talk with your doctor.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take amoxicillin/clavulanate suspension.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, have your blood work checked. Talk with your doctor.
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), do not use Clinitest®. Use some other urine glucose testing like Clinistix® or Tes-Tape®.
- Do not use longer than you have been told. A second infection may happen.
- Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work as well to prevent pregnancy. Use some other kind of birth control also like a condom when taking this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using amoxicillin/clavulanate suspension while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- If you have phenylketonuria (PKU), talk with your doctor. Some products have phenylalanine.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Suspension?
- Store liquid (suspension) in a refrigerator. Do not freeze. Throw away any part not used after 10 days.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.