Amphotericin B (Lipid Complex)
Name: Amphotericin B (Lipid Complex)
- Amphotericin B Lipid Complex drug
- Amphotericin B Lipid Complex drugs like
- Amphotericin B Lipid Complex 5 mg
- Amphotericin B Lipid Complex side effects
- Amphotericin B Lipid Complex side effects of amphotericin b lipid complex
- Amphotericin B Lipid Complex effects of amphotericin b lipid complex
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Amphotericin B?
- If you have an allergy to amphotericin or any other part of amphotericin B (lipid complex).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you are receiving a transfusion of a certain kind of white blood cell (leukocyte).
- If you are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take amphotericin B with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How do I store and/or throw out Amphotericin B?
- If you need to store amphotericin B at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Excipient information presented when available (limited, particularly for generics); consult specific product labeling.
Abelcet: 5 mg/mL (20 mL)
If on parenteral nutrition, may need to adjust the amount of lipid infused. The lipid portion of amphotericin B (lipid complex) formulation contains 0.045 kcal per 5 mg (Sacks 1997).
For the Consumer
Applies to amphotericin b lipid complex: powder for solution, suspension
Along with its needed effects, amphotericin b lipid complex may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking amphotericin b lipid complex:More common
- Chills and fever
- nausea and vomiting
- Difficulty in breathing
- sore throat and fever
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness and weakness
- Increased or decreased urination
Some side effects of amphotericin b lipid complex may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:More common
- loss of appetite
- stomach pain