Name: Anthralin Cream
- Anthralin Cream used to treat
- Anthralin Cream is used to treat
- Anthralin Cream drug
- Anthralin Cream drugs like
- Anthralin Cream uses
- Anthralin Cream missed dose
- Anthralin Cream side effects
- Anthralin Cream effects of anthralin cream
Uses of Anthralin Cream
- It is used to treat psoriasis.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Anthralin Cream?
- If you have an allergy to anthralin or any other part of anthralin cream.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If the psoriasis is red or swollen.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take anthralin cream with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Anthralin Cream?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may stain fabric, flooring, painted surfaces, marble, granite, vinyl, and enamel.
- This medicine may stain fingernails, hair, and skin.
- Clean shower or tub right away after use to avoid staining.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using anthralin cream while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Anthralin Cream) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
For all uses of anthralin cream:
- Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Avoid putting on healthy skin.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Leave on the skin for as long as the doctor told you to, then wash off.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Do not put on the face, groin, armpits, or other skin fold parts.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Wet hair and scalp.
- Lather well and leave on as you have been told.
- Rinse well.
- Do not put this medicine on the face.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some other side effects of Anthralin Cream?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.