Name: Aqua Care
- Aqua Care aqua care side effects
- Aqua Care side effects
- Aqua Care aqua care drug
- Aqua Care drug
- Aqua Care adult dose
Aqua Care Side Effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using urea topical and call your doctor at once if you have:
- severe redness or irritation of treated skin.
Common side effects may include:
- mild itching; or
- mild burning or stinging.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Aqua Care Drug Class
Aqua Care is part of the drug classes:
Solutions producing osmotic diuresis
How should I use Aqua Care (urea topical)?
Urea topical is available in many different forms (cream, lotion, ointment, liquid, gel, foam, shampoo, and others) for use on the skin or the scalp. Use your medicine exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Do not take by mouth. Urea topical is for use only on the skin. If this medication gets in your eyes, nose, mouth, rectum, or vagina, rinse with water.
Use a mild soap or cleanser to wash the skin or nail area to be treated. Urea topical may work best if the skin or nail to be treated is left slightly damp before the medicine is applied.
Apply a thin layer of this medicine to the affected skin and rub it in as completely as possible.
When applying urea topical to the nails, avoid getting any medicine on the cuticles or surrounding skin. Apply generously to the nail and allow the medicine to dry. You may cover the nail with a bandage or gauze if your doctor advises. The treated nail should be easily removed after several days.
Shake the urea topical foam well just before each use. Other forms of this medicine may also need to be shaken before use. Follow all directions on th medicine label.
Wash your hands with soap and water after applying this medicine, unless you are treating the skin on your hands.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, or if they get worse while using urea topical.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Do not freeze. Keep the medicine container tightly closed when not in use.
Keep the foam canister away from open flame or high heat. The canister may explode if it gets too hot. Do not puncture or burn an empty foam canister.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Aqua Care?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Aqua Care. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Use care when putting on a large part of the skin or where there are open wounds. Talk with the doctor.
- If you use this medicine too often, your skin problem may become worse.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Aqua Care while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Aqua Care?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Usual Adult Dose for Dermatological Disorders
Urea 30% foam:
Urea 35% foam:
Urea 35% lotion:
Urea 39% cream:
Urea 40% foam:
Urea 42% foam:
Urea 45% emulsion:
Urea 45% solution:
Urea 50% emulsion:
Urea 50% ointment:
Urea 50% suspension:
Apply to affected skin twice/day.
Urea 40% emulsion:
Urea 40% suspension:
Urea 42% pad:
Urea 45% gel:
Urea 50% cream:
Urea 50% gel:
Apply to nail tissue or affected skin twice/day.
Urea 50% stick:
Apply to affected nail tissue twice/day.
Liver Dose Adjustments
Data not available