Aricept (Donepezil 23 mg Tablets)
Name: Aricept (Donepezil 23 mg Tablets)
- Aricept Donepezil 23 mg Tablets used to treat
- Aricept Donepezil 23 mg Tablets is used to treat
- Aricept Donepezil 23 mg Tablets side effects
- Aricept Donepezil 23 mg Tablets drug
- Aricept Donepezil 23 mg Tablets effects of
Uses of Aricept
- It is used to treat dementia.
- It is used to treat Alzheimer's disease.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Aricept?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Aricept. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine is not a cure for Alzheimer's disease. Stay under the care of your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Slow heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Trouble passing urine.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Trouble breathing that is new or worse.
- Dark urine.
- Muscle pain or weakness.
- A very bad and sometimes deadly health problem called neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) may happen. Call your doctor right away if you have any fever, muscle cramps or stiffness, dizziness, very bad headache, confusion, change in thinking, fast heartbeat, heartbeat that does not feel normal, or are sweating a lot.
What are some other side effects of Aricept?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Not able to sleep.
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Muscle cramps.
- Not hungry.
- Weight loss.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.