Name: Atropine Ointment
Precautions While Using Atropine Ointment
After you apply this medicine to your eyes:
- Your pupils will become unusually large and you will have blurring of vision, especially for close objects. Make sure your vision is clear before you drive, use machines, or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are not able to see well.
- Your eyes will become more sensitive to light than they are normally. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from sunlight and other bright lights.
These effects may continue for several days after you stop using this medicine. However, check with your doctor if they continue longer than:
- 14 days if you are using atropine.
- 3 days if you are using homatropine.
- 7 days if you are using scopolamine.