Avonex (Interferon Beta-1a Autoinjector and Prefilled Syringes (Avonex))
Name: Avonex (Interferon Beta-1a Autoinjector and Prefilled Syringes (Avonex))
- Avonex Interferon Beta-1a Autoinjector and Prefilled Syringes Avonex drug
- Avonex Interferon Beta-1a Autoinjector and Prefilled Syringes Avonex drugs like
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Avonex?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Avonex. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- You may bleed more easily. Be careful and avoid injury. Use a soft toothbrush and an electric razor.
- You may have more chance of getting an infection. Wash hands often. Stay away from people with infections, colds, or flu.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol.
- This medicine is not a cure for MS (multiple sclerosis). Stay under the care of your doctor.
- A lot of times, reactions happen where the shot was given. Sometimes, very bad reactions may happen. Check with your doctor if you have any reaction that bothers you or does not go away. Call your doctor right away if you have any break in the skin, color changes (blue or black), swelling, or drainage of fluid where the shot was given.
- Very bad health problems like thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic uremic syndrome (TTP/HUS) have happened with drugs like this one. Sometimes, this has been deadly. This has happened several weeks to years after starting treatment. Call your doctor right away if you feel very tired or weak or have any bruising or bleeding, change in balance, change in eyesight, change in how much urine is passed, dark urine, fever, pale skin, trouble speaking or thinking, weakness on 1 side of the body, or yellow skin or eyes.
- Heart failure has happened with this medicine, as well as heart failure that has gotten worse in people who already have it. Tell your doctor if you have heart disease. Call your doctor right away if you have shortness of breath, a big weight gain, a heartbeat that is not normal, or swelling in the arms or legs that is new or worse.
- Some of these drugs have albumin (part of the blood) in them and may have viruses that may cause disease. This medicine is screened, tested, and treated to lower the chance that it carries an infection. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Avonex while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.