Balsam Peru and Castor Oil
Name: Balsam Peru and Castor Oil
- Balsam Peru and Castor Oil missed dose
- Balsam Peru and Castor Oil side effects
- Balsam Peru and Castor Oil drug
- Balsam Peru and Castor Oil effects of balsam peru and castor oil
- Balsam Peru and Castor Oil uses
- Balsam Peru and Castor Oil adverse effects
How is this medicine (Balsam Peru and Castor Oil) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take balsam peru and castor oil by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- You may need to cover the treated area with a bandage or dressing. Talk with the doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Balsam Peru and Castor Oil?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take balsam peru and castor oil or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to balsam peru and castor oil. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: October 4, 2017
Ulcer/wound management: Topical:
Aerosol spray: Apply 3 times daily
Ointment: Apply thin film twice daily or as often as necessary.
Refer to adult dosing.
Aerosol spray: Do not store at temperatures above 48°C (120°F).
Ointment: Store at 20ºC to 25ºC (68ºF to 77ºF), excursions permitted between 15ºC and 30ºC (between 59ºF and 86ºF). Brief exposure to temperatures up to 40ºC (104ºF) may be tolerated provided the mean kinetic temperature does not exceed 25ºC (77ºF); however, such exposure should be minimized. Protect from freezing.
There are no known significant interactions.