Name: Barium Tablets
Uses of Barium Tablets
- It is used before an x-ray or an alike test.
How is this medicine (Barium Tablets) best taken?
Use this medicine (barium tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow what your doctor has told you to do.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very hard stools (constipation).
- Very bad belly pain.
- Shortness of breath.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Fast or slow heartbeat.
- Feeling agitated.
- Feeling confused.
- Blue or gray skin color.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Pale skin.
- Ringing in ears.
- Sweating a lot.
- Chest pain or pressure.
- Coughing up blood.
- Swelling, warmth, numbness, change of color, or pain in a leg or arm.
- Weakness on 1 side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Barium Tablets?
- Most of the time, this medicine will be given in a hospital or doctor's office. If stored at home, follow how to store as you were told by the doctor.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.