Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid
Name: Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid
- Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid used to treat
- Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid is used to treat
- Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid drug
- Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid drugs like
- Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid missed dose
- Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid side effects
- Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid effects of
- Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid uses
- Chlophedianol / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine Liquid adverse effects
Uses of Chlophedianol/Guaifenesin/Phenylephrine Liquid
- It is used to treat nose stuffiness.
- It is used to thin mucus so it can be taken from the body by coughing.
- It is used to relieve coughing.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Chlophedianol/Guaifenesin/Phenylephrine Liquid?
- If you have an allergy to any part of chlophedianol/guaifenesin/phenylephrine liquid.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have taken certain drugs used for low mood (depression) like isocarboxazid, phenelzine, or tranylcypromine or drugs used for Parkinson's disease like selegiline or rasagiline in the last 14 days. Taking this medicine within 14 days of those drugs can cause very bad high blood pressure.
- If you have a cough with a lot of mucous.
- If you have a long-term cough caused by smoking or being around smoke, or lung problems like asthma or emphysema.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with chlophedianol/guaifenesin/phenylephrine liquid.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Chlophedianol/Guaifenesin/Phenylephrine Liquid) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Drink lots of noncaffeine liquids unless told to drink less liquid by your doctor.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with chlophedianol/guaifenesin/phenylephrine liquid. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure this medicine.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take chlophedianol/guaifenesin/phenylephrine liquid on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some other side effects of Chlophedianol/Guaifenesin/Phenylephrine Liquid?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Not able to sleep.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about chlophedianol/guaifenesin/phenylephrine liquid, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about chlophedianol/guaifenesin/phenylephrine liquid. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using chlophedianol/guaifenesin/phenylephrine liquid.
Review Date: October 4, 2017