Name: Cisapride Suspension
- Cisapride Suspension used to treat
- Cisapride Suspension is used to treat
- Cisapride Suspension side effects
- Cisapride Suspension drug
- Cisapride Suspension action
- Cisapride Suspension missed dose
- Cisapride Suspension uses
- Cisapride Suspension adverse effects
Uses of Cisapride Suspension
- It is used to treat heartburn.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Cisapride Suspension?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take cisapride suspension. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Avoid drinking alcohol; quit smoking; raise head of the bed; avoid large meals before bed; lose weight; and avoid fatty foods, chocolate, caffeine, or citrus.
- Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol or use other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
- If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with care. You could have more side effects.
- This medicine is not approved for use in children younger than 16 years of age. Very bad and sometimes deadly side effects have happened in these children. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using cisapride suspension while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Cisapride Suspension) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take at least 15 minutes before meals and at bedtime.
- Shake well before use.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with cisapride suspension. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure this medicine.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- This medicine comes with an extra patient fact sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it with care. Read it again each time cisapride suspension is refilled. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with the doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take cisapride suspension or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to cisapride suspension. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: October 4, 2017
CAS Registry Number
LactMed Record Number
Last Revision Date
Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. The U.S. government does not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.