Kuvan (Sapropterin Powder for Oral Solution)
Name: Kuvan (Sapropterin Powder for Oral Solution)
- Kuvan Sapropterin Powder for Oral Solution used to treat
- Kuvan Sapropterin Powder for Oral Solution is used to treat
- Kuvan Sapropterin Powder for Oral Solution missed dose
- Kuvan Sapropterin Powder for Oral Solution side effects
- Kuvan Sapropterin Powder for Oral Solution effects of
- Kuvan Sapropterin Powder for Oral Solution drug
Uses of Kuvan
- It is used to treat phenylketonuria (PKU).
How is this medicine (Kuvan) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Take Kuvan at the same time of day.
- Take with a meal.
- Do not open until you are ready to use.
- Empty packet in water or apple juice as you have been told. Mix well and drink within 30 minutes of mixing.
- This medicine may also be mixed in a small amount of soft food like applesauce or pudding.
- Be sure you know what the dose of this medicine is. Be sure you know which types of packets to use to make up the dose. Talk to the doctor if you are not sure.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If you do not think about the missed dose until the next day, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses on the same day.
What are some other side effects of Kuvan?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Runny nose.
- Stuffy nose.
- Sore throat.
- Throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Kuvan?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.